Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Player Profile: Chris Watkins


HOMETOWN: Spokane, WA

HIGH SCHOOL: Gonzaga Prep

IN HIGH SCHOOL: I was a slacker

HEARD ABOUT BA: Coach Meserve

GOALS AT BA: I want to improve my academics, instill work ethic for academic success, and be a better hockey player

BA IS DIFFERENT THAN HIGH SCHOOL: The scheduling is different and there are fewer distractions. BA is definitely tailored for the students success.

BEST THING ABOUT BA: The weight room

WORST THING ABOUT BA: Getting domed by a puck

ACTIVITIES AT BA: hockey, lifting, intramurals, admissions ambassador

OUTSIDE OF BA: I help out at a grade school tutoring the kids, I also participate in the GOAL program at BA

ROLE MODEL: My mom

FAVORITE BOOK: Lone Survivor -Marcus Luttrell

FAVORITE MOVIES: Dazed and Confused, The Fighter, Son In Law, and Happy Gilmore

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: Los Angeles Kings

FAVORITE ATHLETE: Rod Brind’Amour

FAVORITE MUSIC: Hip Hop and Country

FAVORITE MEAL: corn beef, twice baked potatoes, and green beans

FAVORITE QUOTE: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” - Wayne Gretzky

MY FRIENDS WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW: I love to play with legos

BA PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW: Take it one day at a time because each day is a new day and you don’t want to let time pass you by here. Make the most of it.

No comments: